Who are you guys?
- We're swing dancers! :) (Find out more about Brew City Hops here.)
What are you taping this for?
- We Lindy for Science! (That's 'Science' with a capital 'S'.) :)
- More seriously: We hope our video will be chosen to be included in Krister Shalm's TEDx Talk on Quantum Physics---see here for more info on Project Q. That's why we have the "1's" and "0's"; the wind forced us to bring some 'rocks' to hold the paper down while we danced.
Here's our favorite, but if you check out the BCH YouTube channel you can see other takes and lots more.
You guys are great; where can we see you dance again/where can we learn to dance?
- We teach lessons every Monday night from 7-9. February's focus has been on moves from Frankie Manning; March will be Lindy Hop with a focus on musicality and improv (check back for more info later this week).
- We're throwing a dance at Bucketworks on March 9. There will be a beginner lesson at 8 and the dancing begins at 9. See here for more info on the Spring Swing Fling.
- There's dancing every Tuesday at the Milwaukee Ale House and every Thursday at the Bay View Brew Haus--check them out!
- We're excited to be back dancing at MAM in April, this time indoors. There will be a more in-depth post on MAM After Dark: Swing as it gets closer. For now, put Friday, April 20 on your calendars as a date to do some dancing at the Milwaukee Art Museum!